Friday 1 August 2014

Hello

is it me you're looking for?!


I've made another sale on Etsy! Still not a 'proper' one, but dance done all the same! Made, packaged and in the post within a couple of hours it is the only thing I've managed to see through to completion all day. It's been a bit of an odd one. I'm all over the place, flitting from one thing to another, half finishing sentences and jobs as I go... oh and I'm grouchy too "like a bear with a sore ear" apparently!

News in from parkrun HQ has done nothing to settle my head... they have teamed up with PruHealth Vitality and are looking for two parkrunners to step up from 5K to a half marathon in Oxford this October, and they are going to keep in touch with a blog.

Details of how to apply aren't being released until next week, but it's set my mind in turmoil! I don't think I could get myself half marathon fit in the time given.... but Brighton is a Vitality event too and I can't help but feel that if I don't try to take advantage of the opportunity I'll always wonder if it could have been me - perhaps I should make a pitch on behalf of a veteran woman parkrunner for whom being able to run an additional ten miles is a bigger challenge than the nine weeks that will be available, although I'm not sure how impressed they'd be with the tortoise training plan so maybe I won't!

Spent the evening watching the athletics from the Commonwealth Games - used to love running the 4x100 relay. In fact I used to love any type of sprint and despise what was loosely called cross country but usually entailed running down the road from school to where the PE teacher had driven in her car and was handing out tokens which you had to carry back with you to prove that you'd completed the distance.  I have a vague memory of some story about sisterofmarthongirl750 and her friends being so slow they had to get a lift back to school - or perhaps it was a plan well executed... I'll have to ask her when she's here on Sunday!

More than looking forward to seeing her, and more than a little jealous that she's going to be at Hampden tomorrow evening watching the relay finals. Glasgow you've done yourself proud - a week on and I'm still homesick especially with almost every one of our parkrun family away on their holidays or helping elsewhere tomorrow (JM) it's feeling a bit lonely around here - come back Halfmarathongirl, Fellow parkrunner, Team Diskin and parkrun fast finisher all is forgiven (just as long as you don't beat us up the hill!).

M - 648
HM - 204
Total Distance covered  165.9 miles




2 comments:

  1. I'm back!! Just avoiding the washing mountain and unpacking by catching up on your blog, priorities and all that... xx

    ReplyDelete