Monday 18 August 2014

Retribution

Laugh - and then keep your fingers crossed that it's a gift horse!

(What have I? What have I? What have I done to deserve this?)


Several years ago whilst I was toying with the idea of retraining as a teacher, mainly because it would have given me the same holidays as both Al and the boys, I went along to the boys school to help with their Christmas activity day. Shell shocked by the noise and intensity I retreated home at the end of the day longing for a lie down in a darkened room and put any such ideas of doing it for a living out of my head.

It was then, close on my worst nightmare when I hear back from the music and beer festival woman today and am offered, not a stall from which to sell my wares, but a table under a gazebo from which to provide crafting activities for children for which their parents will make a donation to my fundraising efforts.

Somewhat taken aback (or knocked sideways) by this turn in events, I tell her I'll have to think about it!  I'm talking it over with Al, who can't help but laugh at the thought of me coping with the noise and the children and the mess, when I get a text with further suggestions for how it will work and how the staff are all willing to save me model making equipment, and for whilst it's enough to make my hair curl I find myself ringing back and saying I'll do it!

What am I thinking?! And to think they were worried about death by my baking or greeting card.  I am now searching for clever things to do with egg boxes and paper plates that don't require scissors - just to be on the safe side!

I have tried to enlist the help of H, who was the model making king of his nursery school, but apparently he's left those days behind and is less than willing to have anything to do with it (be warned Etsy Favouriter you may want to find something to do the first weekend in September before I next see you!).

M - 631
HM - 187
Glasgow - 48
Total Distance covered  192.3 miles
Exercised Done!






No comments:

Post a Comment