Saturday 16 August 2014

Run?

What run?!

Having spent yesterday cutting out fabric, pressing it, and sticking on bits to applique (sew on a patch to the uninitiated!) I was up and at the sewing machine by half seven! It was then, a little disappointing that by quarter past eight my head seemed to have turned to mush and it was about all I could do to gather my bits together for parkrun! (No bar code drama however - it has been safely tied on my shoelaces since the last time I forgot it).

It seems about par for the course however when we get to the park and I discover that my ipod has run out of charge. I don't like running without music for two reasons, firstly it keeps me going, secondly it blocks out the other noises around me. I found the sound of other runners feet coming up behind me rather off putting (I'd really rather not know), a lap or so in and the noise of feet is replaced by the somewhat less than pleasant sound of people huffing and puffing as the going gets tough... what however is so much worse is when I try to screen it out and become aware of quite how much noise I'M making! My ipod WILL be charged for next week!

Ran a fairly steady race and was quicker than last week but I'm not convinced that it won't yo-yo back the other way next week. I don't feel like I'm getting stronger, or that it's getting any easier which is frustrating, but I guess what I should be focusing on is the fact that I don't feel like I went for a run this morning and that really IS progress!

I'm even tempted to get up and run early tomorrow morning, to the extent that I've just looked at the weather forecast to check that it's not going to be raining before I talk myself into this...

But for now we've got Sky Sports free for the weekend and the football's about to start - time to decamp into the back room and get on with those peg bags!

Football over and sewing done - thanks for your help in choosing the fabric Etsy Favouriter and LT (if you're reading) I'm rather pleased with the result. But list on Etsy or save for my potential stall... decisions decisions!


M - 633
HM - 189
Distance covered 3.1 miles
Total Distance covered  187.1 miles


No comments:

Post a Comment