Monday 25 August 2014

Sleepy

But hoping for a change in fortune tomorrow!



Aside from having his company for six weeks, one of the major perks of Al having a long summer holiday is that I don't have to walk the dogs, that is until this morning.  I am therefore a little taken aback when I do venture out with them to discover that it feels more like winter than August Bank Holiday Monday!

It's a ghastly day, the sort that makes you want to stay indoors and light the fire, we've more or less managed the first but have stopped short of going as far as the second, if only because we think the logs need to stand a while longer and the chimney hasn't been swept (although in fairness if there was wood I'd have risked the chimney!).

Yesterday's post has resulted in words of encouragement from Fellow Parkrunner about hanging on in there and focusing on the positive. I can't help but think that would have been so much easier if the sun had been shining! I need to get back out there and run and give myself something to feel positive about, I think I'm about to talk myself into an early morning run.

I want to enjoy the freedom of running - especially as my Garmin has been sent back for repair so I won't be able to track my pace or time. It hasn't been a day for going out, but by the same token I'm feeling a little cooped up and I just want to head out on the open road and run.

I think that's decision made, and as a statement of intent I am going to go and sort my kit when I've finished writing this, before I talk myself out of it!

We've had a nice time with Al's brother and family although I'm not sure how impressed they are with the weather that Yorkshire has to offer today, or the energy levels of their hosts!

C's back! (More than a little bit pleased to have him home!).

M - 624
HM - 181
Glasgow - 41
Total Distance covered  200.6 miles
Exercises not done - but I didn't want to overdo it having walked the dogs!


No comments:

Post a Comment