Thursday 7 August 2014

Croissants

Croissants with jam and butter, or just jam, or just butter, or plain, or best of all drizzled with chocolate Cocoa Mountain style....


This morning didn't quite go to plan and I did think at one point that I was going to have to submit a "no exercises - no blog" subject title and leave it at that.  The threat of doing so was however enough to spur me into action at the first opportunity - two days in and I think the system's working!

The exercises aren't difficult and there aren't that many of them but there are a number of them that are designed to work on my balance and I am really really bad at them. I can't stand on one foot without my ankle moving all over the place, close my eyes (like I'm supposed to do) and it's near on impossible! But at least it will be very obvious when I'm starting to improve  - although I think it's a little too early to expect any signs yet! The idea is that eventually I will be able to do a pistol squat, which for the uninitiated is a squat where you go right down to the floor but with one leg stretched out in front of you (a bit like a Cossack Dancer) - I can't even hold the position if I try to get into it from sitting on the floor let alone standing! It will be interesting to see which comes first - but hmmm parkrun to pistol squat a journey of 643 days (I started yesterday) sounds a bit pathetic, even if they are hard! (But may answer the question of what happens to my blog after the marathon!).

No Esty sales to dance over today and following on from my comments yesterday I can report that my gorgeous children whom I love so dearly and have nurtured and cared for selflessly for all of their lives are merciless in maintaining their stance that repeat purchase from someone I know does not trump unknown customer! But surely even they can't fail to be impressed with the fact that by the end of today I will have reached 3000 page views (smiley smiley smiley face!).

Really nice run this evening, beautiful sunshine and not too warm. Got to the point where we usually turn round and I decided to let Al and Dougal head for home without me as I added a further mile to the route. Slow and steady but knees and ankles feeling good!


Cocoa Mountain - it's the stuff of dreams!
Unfortunately all of this has not been enough to stop my head from fixating on food, and as you may have gathered croissants in particular. They must have been baking them in the supermarket this morning because they are all I can think about - and why if I knew I was hitting my diet hard as of yesterday did I not spend all last week eating them for breakfast?!

M - 642
HM - 198
Distance covered              4.1 miles
Total Distance covered  176.2 miles
Exercises Done!



No comments:

Post a Comment