Monday 4 August 2014

Mojito Monday

Freedom parkrun is the way forward!

It was a beautiful morning for a run today. Blue sky, sunshine and a fresh feel to the air, perfect running weather for what became the perfect run!

Running round the parkrun course when it isn't at parkrun is classed as a Freedom run, when we go the wrong way on the first lap (I've only done it 44 times before) we decide to take it to a whole new level and devise our own route which entails far less hills and several laps of the duck pond instead - thoroughly recommend it, and thoroughly liberating to be in Crow Nest Park but doing our own thing! Sisterofmarathongirl750 has messaged the run director suggesting her new alternative route but he's not convinced - although her miss-typing of the word duck (change the second letter) causes much hilarity here, and I'm guessing there also. Already reknowned for once asking how many more times she had to run up the hill (but with a swear word in the sentence) her infiltration into our parkrun family has just gone up a gear.

Apprehensive about going for my MRI scan this afternoon but I needn't have worried. My friend who runs the radiography department (but isn't at work today) has clearly phoned in and told them I'm on my way! They know that I'm running a marathon and I got the opportunity to thank someone in person who sponsored me last year, which was lovely and all helped towards diverting my attention away from the task in hand! Eyes shut and ear phones on, in I go......
It's very noisy with a repetitive bzzz bzzz bzzz bzzz - perfect time to do some breathing exercises but is it tummy in on your in breath or in on your out?! I STILL can't remember but it gives me something to focus on, especially when Classic FM's choose that precise moment to play Carl Orff's 'O Fortuna' - the music from The Omen!*


It's a beautiful afternoon when I get home, perfect weather for mojitos in the garden. An occasional drinker (as opposed to the two well seasoned ones I'm drinking with) it doesn't take long for me to be feeling slightly more jovial than usual, a state apparently preferred by my present company, but perhaps not by C when I arrive in his bedroom for a wee chat and end up sitting with my cheek resting on his knee  - he has a lot to contend with, but copes admirably and obviously decided it was a case of if you can't beat 'em join 'em later on after swimming training when he grabs himself a beer and comes sits on the bench with us, although he did draw the line at a blanket to put over his knees - his day will come!

I love sisterofmarthongirl750 being here.

M - 645
HM - 201
Distance covered              3.1 miles
Total Distance covered  172.1 miles

* Just looked the music up and it isn't actually from the film but referenced whenever Rodney looked at his nephew Damien in Only Fools and Horses and I'd been so impressed with my horror movie knowledge - oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment