Friday 29 August 2014

Pipe Cleaners and Pom Pom's

Let's hope it leads to another Blue Peter totaliser day! 



My new Garmin has arrived (or at least a newly refurbished one) I really want to get started setting myself some goals on my Garmin Connect page (and possibly even a training plan!), but so far all I've managed to do is put it on charge and at this rate I'll be lucky if I've even got it set up before parkrun in the morning.

I went to see the festival lady today - I don't think loom bands are going to cut it! Her colleague has brought in a huge box of craft stuff, they are busy collecting toilet roll tubes, and are - I think - expecting me to do something rather creative with them, oh dear! On my way home I call in to Tesco with C and am somewhat taken aback to find a 'Go Create' Eco Craft set making bugs out of egg boxes - perhaps my ideas aren't so off the boil after all!

The trouble is I need to order some other bits and pieces to turn my recycled items into something more interesting, but haven't as yet been able to bring myself to do this. I am so disillusioned and somewhat out of pocket by my failed attempt to make anything that people want to buy on Etsy (and they were things that I thought were nice) that I am reluctant to spend more money only to be left with a pile of pipe cleaners, pom poms and googly eyes if next week doesn't draw any interest from the festival goers. But I can delay no longer and so have placed a few tentative orders along with requests for speedy delivery as there is now a chance that they won't get here on time.

I sense a busy week ahead preparing - just as everyone goes back to school and I'm left without Al's help and the boys occasional company! I'm finding it all a little overwhelming and I just hope that it's worth it in the long run.

Talking of which (ha! ha!) five and a half mile route to find for Sunday - looks like I'd better stop writing this and get on with sorting my Garmin!

M - 620
HM - 177
Glasgow - 37
Total Distance covered  210 miles
Exercises fallen by the wayside along with my 'no exercises - no blog policy!



No comments:

Post a Comment