Friday 22 August 2014

Seven Years with Sid

Or Happy Birthday Al!



Today is Al's birthday, he's forty-four.  By the time we get up sometime after nine (clearly even the dogs are exhausted after their excursion yesterday) and come downstairs for breakfast it is obvious that I feel more like sixty-four this morning! Or if this is how forty-four feels I can't imagine what I'll feel like in another twenty years!

But thankfully our minds are more retrospective than future focused today because seven years ago we left our holiday in Balnakeil with the newest member of our family sitting on Al's lap looking out of the window to see where he was off to! Sid the Dog. Who would have thought when you came to spend your retirement with us, that you'd still be here enjoying it!

Al and I also spent some of the day talking about the time we spent together at 11, 22, and 33 and how glad we are to be where we are at 44. It's been a good but incredibly inactive day, and I can't help but wonder what our lives will be like at 55 and how long it will be since I put on a pair of running shoes! A week, a month, a year, or the whole nine years since I crossed the finishing line at the marathon?!

Another Saturday, another parkrun looms, and I'm looking forward to it, I am so exhausted I can't imagine that it's going to be a particularly quick one but after two days of such limited activity my legs are actually feeling like they are itching to run! Not sure that Al feels the same - but then he did walk the dogs for an hour and a half this morning!

M - 627
HM - 183
Glasgow - 44
Total Distance covered  197.5 miles
What exercises?!



No comments:

Post a Comment