Wednesday 20 August 2014

Rain

on wet canvas - what was I thinking!


Haven't had the best of days today.  I've had a really strange headache that I can't seem to shift and fell asleep on the sofa for an hour and a half this afternoon (actually that bit was quite nice!).

There has been no improvement in my ear overnight, despite taking three of the new tablets yesterday and no improvement today although I am now up to six (in a packet of 84!). I have a suspicion that they may take slightly longer to work, but am also wondering if they are to blame for my headache - I guess only time will tell on both counts.

All however is not lost if they don't work. C very kindly suggested yesterday, that in time I may either a) loose all of my hearing in my ear at which point the tinnitus will cease to be an issue, or slightly less severe b) have a further reduction in the range I can hear so that I can no longer hear noise at the pitch of my tinnitus. Such a lovely son!

In return I have threatened to change his A Level choices to include Biology, when I go into school tomorrow to collect his GCSE results, so that he can pursue a career in medical science and dedicate his life to finding a cure for his mother's plight.

A cunning plan but doesn't bring any immediate relief so I have resorted to putting on some 'rain' noise whilst typing this in an attempt to block out the hiss, but I'm not overly impressed and despite the sales pitch I am not finding it 'extremely relaxing'!

Busy day tomorrow, picking up the aforementioned GCSE results, not opening them (I promise C), then driving the three and half hours or so down to Newport to give them to him, staying to watch him play Underwater Hockey for Great Britain! (v proud mum) and then driving back again! With a slight detour en route to drop Dougal and Sid off to spend the afternoon with Dougal's mum, sister and aunt! (I'm not sure the breeders really know what they've let themselves in for - but lets just say Dougal will sleep on the way home!).

Legs, feet and ankles in better shape today that I thought they would be after yesterday's 5 miler, but by the same token I'm glad that I won't have the opportunity to run tomorrow! I also won't have the opportunity to blog, but will make amends on Friday!

Switched to 'Rain on a Canvas Tent' supposedly a 'tinnitus masker' and there's eight hours of it so I can play it when I go to sleep! It's not masking anything just making me feel cold and slightly damp and in need of going to the loo! I hate camping! Perhaps I should look for a tropical beach one instead!

M - 629
HM - 185
Glasgow - 46
Total Distance covered  197.5 miles
Exercises Done!


No comments:

Post a Comment