Friday 15 August 2014

Going Home

Farewell Oxford - Hello Glasgow!

Sisterofmarathongirl750 is not one for allowing me to wallow in any self pity! By the time I went to bed last night (after posting at half eleven) she is already watering a seed she planted earlier in the week about running in Glasgow if I didn't get Oxford. By half ten this morning Halfmarathongirl has accepted her invitation to join us (that'll teach you to 'like' one of my sister's FB posts!) although it makes me smile that they both felt the need to check that it was the 10K we were committing to and not the half marathon!

More than a little excited to be going home and much happier with the prospect of 10K, it fits much better with our training plan and will hopefully give us the impetus to a) get started and b) stick with it afterwards as we get ready for Brighton. So perhaps all things do happen for a reason....

In which case I'm looking forward to the day when I work out what I'm clearly not getting yet about online selling! Although it has been suggested that perhaps it's patience!

The baking stall is a no go. I would need public liability insurance and possibly a hygiene certificate which I might be able to get the kitchen clean enough for, but the minute they met Dougal and realised he can reach the work surface I think it would be game over. Which is a real shame because baking sells.  I did find myself saying "I also make cards" at one point and am now waiting to hear if I can have a card stall without insurance! Death by greeting card? I think the only person this is likely to kill is me!

Lovely day with Al, great evening watching the European Championships and a bit of hope in the form of athletes wearing go faster stripes on their stomachs, admittedly they haven't got anything to tape, but I think it might be worth a go!

M - 634
HM - 190
Total Distance covered  184 miles
Exercises exempt - but things looking hopeful ankle wise for the morning!







2 comments:

  1. 10k, that sounds so much better than a half marathon! Much less pressure, training wise too. Great excuse for going 'home' too :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Fellow parkrunner... I think you might be right! xx

    ReplyDelete