Monday 4 May 2015

Star Wars Day

So much for my lie in - awake at half six it transpired I was not the only one who couldn't sleep! A text in from HMG minutes later confirming that she's entered the ballot for next year's London Marathon!  No way I was going to get back to sleep after that! Up, dressed and downstairs submitting my application before the list closed and I missed the opportunity to hedge my bets of getting a place with Barnardo's by entering the public ballot - the fact that I have several more days to do seemed to have escaped my notice! Striking whilst the iron's hot (or doing it before there was time to change her mind) was clearly the order of the day as by half nine sisterofMG750 was in too - whoooo hooooo! Team MG750 are on our way to London!

In truth I may have only convinced the other two to consider it, and that at this juncture they just have to make sure they are in with a chance of a place, but for the purely selfish reason of not wanting to go through the experience without them, I feel it is a least a step in the right direction... and lots of small steps a marathon runner makes!

Binge watching of the Star Wars films (yes all six of them) going on in the lounge, I had plenty of time to go to the gym and sew, although Al did tear himself away to walk the dogs with me (even if it was timed around his least favourite film!).

The gym was busier than I'd have liked and I left without completing my workout as I couldn't be bothered waiting for a piece of equipment to become free. Oh the guilt! Which I'm taking as a positive sign that I actually care! I did however grant myself absolution after hiking round the woods with the dog!

As for getting my head round my sewing, well... it did take most of the day, and Al did joke that I should buy some plastic to sew on the inside of my bag as the rate I was cutting bits off it was going to end up looking more like a wash bag (he's funny!), but I got there! Not entirely convinced that I'll remember what I'm doing when I stop long enough to think about anything else but for now there are three bags finished!

All in all a good way to end a lovely long weekend.  I know that the chances of us all getting places in London are slim, talking HMG and sisterofMG750 down the charity route will take some doing, and getting my sis to want to run a marathon at all may be the biggest obstacle of all, but we're in with a chance and after all it is Star Wars Day, May the 4th be with us - we're going to need it!

M - 372
Liverpool Half - 41
Glasgow Half - 153
Total Distance covered   591.4 miles





No comments:

Post a Comment