Friday 22 May 2015

Day 397

1.  Lovely start to the morning when fellow parkrunner popped round for coffee.  Been too long since we got the chance to catch up and even longer since doing so didn't involve the wearing of lycra.

2.  That said there was a suggestion at one point of going for a dog walk so I was wearing a rather fetching pair of old yoga pants - I really ought to try and see if I can get into my jeans but the alternative is just too comfy even if they do look a bit disastrous.

3.  A returns postage paid label which wasn't rejected at the Post Office was supplied by the Ebay seller for my phone - perhaps I haven't been duped after all.

4.  C hasn't made the cut for the GB team this summer.  There are eighteen boys in the squad and they are only allowed to take twelve out to Spain for the tournament.  I am immensely proud that he's in the top eighteen in the first place and of how hard he worked to try and affect a different outcome. One day I hope he'll be able to draw on this experience to his advantage.

5.  As his mother I can't help but feel like I've lived every moment of it with him (apart from maybe the fitness drills and oh yes the bit where you actually play - not sure I could even get down to the bottom of a 3m pool let alone hold my breath and play hockey whilst I was down there.... but you know what I mean).  Sitting putting it into context with him this evening, mixed with the disappointment there was a definite sense of relief at no longer having to train.  Took a while for the realisation that this is HIS reality and NOT MINE to sink in! See you bright and early HMG!

M - 356
Liverpool Half - 23
Glasgow Half - 135
Total Distance covered   627.9 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment