Wednesday 20 May 2015

Day 395

1.  It was definitely post run euphoria spurring me on yesterday. In the absence of it today I have struggled to get going and there was certainly no 'whirring' going on inside my head!

2.  I am starting to find it a little on the hard side not to feel despondent that I haven't heard from Barnardo's - yet!

3.  In an attempt to motivate me this afternoon C suggested I move on from 'if I don't look at my emails for an hour I'll hear from them' to 'if I get 'x' done - especially if 'x' is something I don't want to do - I'll hear from them'.  It was a nice try but I'm starting to think that it doesn't make a blind bit of difference what I do, I just have to be patient.

4.  I did however have the thought that perhaps they're reading this, which on one hand would be great because it means they're interested in me but on the other perhaps I should try to sound a little bit less moany!  If you are reading please be advised that I've been waiting an awfully long time to get to this point (394 days to be precise) and if you'll have me I'll be soooooooooooo excited and you won't regret it because I'll do everything I can to get myself in good enough shape to complete the course, whilst at the same time raise as much money as I possibly can to help those children you work with have a better childhood.

5.  Email in from Realbuzz (London Marathon partner) suggesting running at least one half marathon en route to the big one.... way ahead of you there! There then followed page after page of advice and tips, which it will take till Liverpool to wade through! However in an attempt to to pull myself round a bit (no need to worry about me sisterofMG750 I'll be fine!) I did stop on the page of inspirational quotes...

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Time for an early night me thinks - busy day awaits tomorrow!

M - 358
Liverpool Half - 25
Glasgow Half - 137
Total Distance covered   623.5 miles


No comments:

Post a Comment