Saturday 23 May 2015

Day 398 - Parkrun 78

1.  I LOVE my insomnia! Wasn't going to wake up at 5am without it, when I'd set my alarm for 5pm by mistake!

2.  Early start and eight miles to parkrun. Perfect temperature, no rain, nice route, fab views that we couldn't see last time we ran it on a cold dark and rainy November morning, good conversation and an much welcome added bonus of a bottle of water stashed en route earlier by HMG - what's not to love?!

3.  Reunited with my dog at the park (didn't think it was fair to make him run eleven miles - however after the way he pulled me round trying to catch the dog who was getting the opportunity to run at a 'proper' pace with our friend who is faster than me, he's doing the full twelve with me next week!) we were doing OK, when I decided to get rid of my headband and did a strange bending down mid stride maneuver to try and get it on the ground but out of the way of any other runners, Dougal followed and I fell over the top of him straight onto my right knee. Straight back up and carried on repeating 'it' not muscular you'll be fine' for the two miles I had left to run.  I was, and I will be but there isn't a lot of skin left!

4.  For the fact that I couldn't have done this on a quiet stretch and had to suffer the humiliation of falling right in front of an audience of volunteers, and for every time I had to utter the words "Hi, I'm wondering if you might be able to help. I'm having a problem with an iphone thinking that there are headphones plugged in when there aren't.... where did I buy it? Errr that would have been from a seller on Ebay" the song for my 78th parkrun is for me! Both for premise of stupidity and the line "and they were (both) laughing at me" - know what it is yet?!

CLICK HERE!

5.  Thank you C and Etsy Favouriter for organising our Eurovision soiree this evening, and possibly a slightly bigger thank you to Al for joining in!

M - 355
Liverpool Half - 22
Glasgow Half - 134
Distance covered         11.2 miles
Total Distance covered   639.1 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment