Friday 8 May 2015

Day 383

1.  C and I are off to Oxford this evening... VERY EXCITED!

2.  I've wanted to visit the city for a long time, and although in my mind's eye I was picturing punting down the river with Al, a trip with my son (whilst he attends a University Open Day,) comes a close second.

3.  Having been told by C that I don't have the prerequisite computer (or mathematical) knowledge to accompany him to the lecture (Algorithms and Complexity in Computer Science - can't think why he thought that) I was happy enough to spend a day pottering round the shops in manner reminiscent of our Saturday in Brighton.  However looking at the provisional schedule for the day there appear to be alternative lectures on for parents, mainly focussing on how we're supposed to be able to afford to pay for his education should he be lucky enough to be offered a place when the time comes!

4.  I'm a little confused as to how I got to be old enough to be accompanying my son to look at prospective Universities when it doesn't feel that long ago since I left mine, especially as I still haven't worked out what I want to do after I leave! (what do you mean it's been twenty four years?!)

5.  Right time to go pack! Train leaves at half five and we've got to be on it.... with our thirty four ticket splitting tickets at the ready!

M - 370
Liverpool Half - 37
Glasgow Half - 149
Total Distance covered   599.7 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment