Saturday 31 October 2015

Day 559 - Parkrun 93 and HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIS!

1.  For someone at the end of her first week of marathon training I feel about ninety two!

2.  My hamstrings have tightened up, I didn't feel at all like running and if Al and I could have thought of somewhere better to go at nine o'clock on a Saturday morning in our running kit and with the dog in tow we might just have headed the car in that direction and driven there instead.  But in the absence of any other suggestions we found ourselves at parkrun.

3.  This is where parkrun works.  There is no way without it that either of us would have run today. Instead, with or without our running mojo present, we completed the course, chalked another one up on our way to joining the 100 club and got to sit outside in a lovely bit of warm autumnal sunshine afterwards enjoying our weekly catch up with our friends.  Missed you this morning FMG and already looking forward to next week when both you and sisterofMG750 will be there!

4.  The house is a tip and, for whilst I know my sister wont care, tidying the top landing so she can actually get into her room would probably be a good start in terms of preparing for her visit, but as I don't yet know where to put the huge bag of T-shirts (my next sewing project) that are currently living there, I opted for some mental preparation instead!

5.  Fast forward to next Sunday morning and our early morning catch up over a cup of tea (but disappointingly no chocolate digestives for Mrs Milk Free) I can hear her asking me how things are going and how I am and, having known her for rather a long time, I can also hear her response to my moaning! In an attempt to pre-empt this I have taken Etsy Team Leeds off my FB newsfeed. No more am I going to torture myself on a daily basis reading about something that I couldn't get to work and didn't feel part of...

parkrun 93 - 1993

Challenge now is not to moan about the lack of notifications on my phone now it's gone!

London -176
Distance covered                 3.1 miles
Total Distance covered     940.5 miles
Gym Attendance = 3 (target 12 by 20 November)

No comments:

Post a Comment