Saturday 10 October 2015

Day 538 - Parkrun 90

1.  A mention over twitter by blog reader LC (thank you!) telling me to embrace the joys of winter running that lie between here and London came a little closer to home than I'm ready for with a rather foggy start to the day, but thankfully it had cleared sufficiently from the park so as to avoid any Santa beard misfortunes with condensing water vapour!

2.  Almost a shame as it might have been somewhat befitting for my return to 'Silver Lady' status - nothing like a local marathon to reduce the field of fast ladies! Congratulations to Al for making it round in under twenty four minutes for the first time in almost a year, and his highest ever overall finish - 19th out of 98 not bad!

3.  Facebook have decided to alert me to the fact that I've been 'Facebook friend's' with actual friends from parkrun for two years... only one way to react to the news - CAKE!! Thank you MC for the delicious courgette and lime cake with pistachio butter cream icing that was enjoyed sitting post run in the sun with a fairly sizeable gathering of our parkrun clan.

4.  Busy afternoon with Al stacking the logs away in the log store, before coming in, lighting our first fire of the autumn and settling down to binge watch 'Dr Foster' on BBC iPlayer! Tense to say the least - it had me staying awake till 1am to finish it!

5.  Had another good day - perhaps I'm starting to feel the benefits of my mindfulness! Bringing us to

parkrun 90 - 1990

or the middle aged West Yorkshire equivalent... take me wood stacking in the pale autumn sun, enjoying the colour, texture and smell of pine whilst wearing many layers, gardening gloves and a wooly hat to keep my hair free from any runaway spiders!

London -197
Distance covered                 3.1 miles
Total Distance covered    917.3 miles


No comments:

Post a Comment