Monday 26 October 2015

Day 554

1. Five hundred and fifty four days after deciding to run the first day of actual marathon training has arrived! Consequently I gave myself a bit of a pep talk and made it to the gym!

2.  Admittedly the real test of whether or not the pep talk took hold is whether I make it back again on Wednesday.

3. Basically I have to change my mindset about going - if I tell myself I hate it I'm never going to like it.  Instead I am trying hard to grasp that it is the one thing I can do that will significantly improve my chances of getting to the start line without injury and therefore be something I should want to do.

4.  Not convinced that I'm going to buy this (however much truth there is in it) I found myself telling a couple of members of staff that it was six months to London in the hope that saying it out loud might make it feel more real!  Wasn't prepared for the response from one who spoke to me on my way out, like a real life calendar boy - all rippling biceps and feather duster in hand (and here on in referred to as Mr October) he said that the best thing for motivation was to have someone to run with and offered himself up as my running buddy! Fear not FMG you have never seen me try to extract myself from a conversation so fast in my life! Unfortunately in my fluster I said something about him chasing me with his feather duster if I didn't go on Wednesday and now am dreading him being there and want to go even less!

5.  After which a lovely relaxing spa evening at fellow parkrunner's was just what I needed! Thank you RLB x

London -181
Total Distance covered    928.5 miles
Gym Attendance = 1 (target 12 by 20 November)

No comments:

Post a Comment