Saturday 26 September 2015

Day 524 - Parkrun 89

1.  On the assumption that it's not going to be warm enough for my multi pocketed running skort in Glasgow next weekend and, without Dougal, not overly keen on running with the bum bag come dog belt contraption I usually wear, I have invested in a 'Flip Belt'.  This is made from a circular tube of fabric with slits that you can store your phone, keys, jelly babies etc., in whilst running - the idea being that it won't ride up and is chaff free. The 'flip' bit comes from whether you decide to wear it slit side out for easy access or slit side in for added security.

2.  I have been concerned since bringing it home that my physique looks nothing like that of the model and instead of how low on my hips should I wear it, it is much more of a question of 'above', 'over' or 'below' my belly!  'Over' is clearly my favourite option as is it has the added bonus of acting a bit like a corset or 'magic' underwear, but comes with the added risk that it might be too much for it mid run and ping upwards, a bit like an elastic band making a bid for freedom off the top of a jam jar (Al was jam making last weekend). But after reading multiple reviews I decided to go for it and went for the over belly option!

3.  My stomach clearly had different ideas and I ended up trying to anchor it 'under' to keep it in place!  However as I discovered at the end of my run when it had then tried to ride up and not been able to get over the hurdle of my tummy it had rolled over and flipped itself into security mode! No one mentioned that in the reviews!

4.  Had a great parkrun! Coached round the final lap by Marathon Madeleine, who kept telling me to relax my shoulders and turn my feet over quicker, I was chuffed to bits with my 24.28 finish... haven't run this fast since last November which I think means I can class it as a seasons best! Fellow parkrunner who was just behind ran her fastest since last September - half marathon training obviously suits us! Although H took a week off and took over half a minute off his PB... might give that a go post Glasgow!

5.  As predicted Al and I headed out together this afternoon to pick up H and take him to his next social engagement, the penny dropped when we were waiting for him that perhaps we were required to give some of his friends a lift too and there now wasn't enough room in the car, at which point Dougal and I had to get out and walk home! Oh well... it was nice whilst it lasted!


And so with memories of schoolfriendofMG750 (who I'm getting to see next week!!!) and a link between bumbags and conserves that I hadn't dreamt possible here it is....

parkrun 89 - 1989

London - 210
Glasgow - 8
Distance covered                 3.1 miles
Total Distance covered     892.6 miles


No comments:

Post a Comment