Sunday 13 September 2015

Day 511 The Great North Run

1.  Just had such a fabulous day at the Great North Run! Thank you fellow parkrunner and AB for the lift! And a HUGE WELL DONE on reaching the finish!

2.  The sun shone, we had a fabulous road side cheering spot, saw all three winners pass in fairly quick succession and then....

3.  We stood and cheered for over an hour and a half whilst the rest of the 57,000 people ran, walked, hobbled and were pushed past! They just kept on coming! I had no idea there were so many people taking part, or that it was bigger than the London Marathon! If I'd only known I could have set my sights on this instead!

4.  Too late! But it was everything FMG and I could have hoped it would be.  A day full of hope and inspiration and definitely something to think back to when it's cold and dark, we've training to do, and London feels a long way off.

5.  Did I wish I was running today? Yep! But the logistical nightmare of the trains, the traffic jams leaving Southshields, and the memory of the queue out the door at the service station toilets on the way up might just make me refrain from joining the ballot next year! But there was a tiny ember of interest from Mr L.... so never say never!!





London - 224
Glasgow - 21
Total Distance covered     857.8 mile

No comments:

Post a Comment