Tuesday 8 September 2015

Day 506

1.  Absolutely brilliant run this morning! Loved it! Route I've not run for a while, long downhill section towards the end and my fastest mile ever I think at 7 mins 29 seconds (very smiley face).

2.  All brought on by trying to beat the road sweeping truck! Dougal doesn't do big noisy vehicles, a bus is bad, the bin lorry is worse, something with brushes sticking out the side would be a nightmare to try and get him to run past.  So we had to bide our time behind it whilst we waited for a pavement on the opposite side of the road to appear, cross over, catch up with it, overtake it, and then keep going! No place for run-walk-run strategies when trying to out run that 'beast!'

3.  Riding high on the wave of post run euphoria I saw one of my neighbours and her friend through the window and pounced on them to come and look at my bags!

4.  They were polite but far from enthusiastic - and I just wished I could turn the clock back and not have bothered, or perhaps more pertinently not have bothered them! It doesn't matter that they didn't want to buy, but I haven't been able to shift the feeling that I have become a nuisance and someone best avoided.

5.  I hate this.  C and Etsy Favouriter did a good job of cheering me up when they got in from school, and what I thought was a potential Pinterest sale raised my mood for a while but it was wishful thinking on my part.  BUT positive comments from strangers about my bags, and some 'likes' on Instagram for this morning's offering - I'm trying hard to keep the faith.

PS Respect to Al and H who have not long since gone out for a run - it's cold and dark out there and for the first time in a long time I've put the heating on!

London - 229
Glasgow - 26
Distance covered                5.2 miles
Total Distance covered     850.7 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment