Sunday 2 November 2014

Tough Mudder

The other side to husbandofmarathongirl750 ?!



Out for dinner last night (at the lovely Mr & Mrs J's) and the subject invariably turned to running - how things were going and did Al not fancy running the half marathon with me?  Adamant that he didn't want to run further than five miles the conversation moved on, only to resurface again several glasses of wine later.  This time it turned to Mr J's (albeit as yet unconfirmed) plans to compete in a Tough Mudder event next year, at which point Al announces that he quite fancies doing this (despite it being twelve miles!).

In the cold light of morning he was slightly less committed and claims he didn't agree to anything, but has been told that drinking the man's whisky after voicing his interest is tantamount to signing on the dotted line!  Looking at video footage of the event over brunch and the full extent of the challenge unfolded before us...  I know that you struggled with the shopping and nail art conversation post parkrun yesterday Al, but I think this may be taking things to an extreme! HMG and sisterofmarathongirl750 have no fear I will not be suggesting this for our next adventure!

My feet are feeling better today than I thought they would, and HMG and I are already looking forward to our next long run together on Saturday. I'm wondering if perhaps this might have a little to do with the fact that it is yet another beautiful day today and as we don't have to run again until Tuesday we can say this safe in the knowledge that we don't actually have to do anything about it! A quick look at the weather forecast for the coming week and I am less convinced that we'll be feeling this way come Saturday morning!

The unseasonably warm autumn we've been having is due to come to a rather abrupt end and I can't quite get my head around what potentially lies in wait for us! My second delivery of winter coat options has been held up at the warehouse and I can't help but think I may be wishing I'd kept one of last week's contenders! I have however sorted out my winter training dilemma with the kind offer of the use of a treadmill at the aforementioned friends - thank you!

Brighton Half sixteen weeks today! Running out of excuses not to be ready - looks like my optimism might have to stay with me a bit longer!

M - 554
Brighton Half - 112
Glasgow Half - 336
Total Distance covered      328.6 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment