Wednesday 12 November 2014

Christmas is coming...

and it's sent me into panic mode!



First thing this morning I got an email from a voucher code website highlighting today's top deals. Normally I ignore them (occasionally I even get round to deleting them) and I have for the past few weeks been meaning to remove myself from the mailing list as I never buy anything... until this morning!

Suddenly I became obsessed with sorting out Christmas in the twenty minutes between the boys appearing downstairs for their breakfast and leaving for school! Is this a good offer? Should I buy this? Would you like that? Not surprisingly we didn't seem to reach any conclusions, yet somehow Al and I have some new headphones on their way despite neither of us really needing them! I then seemed to spend the rest of the day in a bit of a tizz and, despite trying my best to work my way through my to do list, didn't make much progress.

I'm not sure how much of this is my fault, and had I been in a different frame of mind perhaps I would have just dealt with the problems differently but as they were of a computing nature I'm not sure I would ever have known how to fix them irrespective of my state of mind.

I was trying to upload photographs to be printed, and my pc kept crashing, the one time that it didn't and I got as far as ordering them, for some reason it wasn't processed and I was told (after ringing them up) that I'd have to start again.  I've had problems logging in to my account because there are two different sites running off the same page (another phone call) and interrupted on my last attempt I left the items in my basket to buy later, only to discover that they aren't stored anywhere and I have to start all over again! (phone call number three).

I've had a gentleman in India remotely accessing my computer to try and help speed things up a bit (such are the wonders of the modern world!) but I don't know if it's worked or not yet because after an evening of chauffeur duties I decided to get this written before giving it one last shot for the day, not trusting myself to be in any fit shape to write this if it doesn't!

Hot stones or deep muscle manipulation at tomorrow's massage - either way the poor woman's got her work cut out for her trying to de-stress this body - I think my mind may be beyond repair!

M - 545
Brighton Half - 102
Glasgow Half - 326
Total Distance covered      351.3 miles




No comments:

Post a Comment