Friday 28 November 2014

Black Friday

Never ever ever again!


Drawn in by the latest marketing hype - Black Friday - I decided to get up early and grab myself a bargain.  Trouble is, so did everyone else. 

It was a nightmare.  I could get onto the website, I could even find what I was looking for and put it in my virtual basket, but try as I might I couldn't actually purchase anything! Every time I got close the website crashed and I got kicked out, only to have to try and start the process all over again.  As it got later and more and more people got up to join in the fun, it got worse to the point where I couldn't even get on to any of the websites I wanted to visit. 

On my way to completely losing the plot, I decided to try an actual shop.  Bad idea! Entering Argos, it was like acting out trying to get on the internet, only this time there were actual queues of people all waiting for their turn to flick through the 'book of dream's'* I left without finding what I was looking for.

Rushed home to walk the dogs, and came back from my walk resolutely telling myself I would not to succumb to any more 'today only' 'must act now' emails when there is one from East Coast Trains - the date for our outward trip to Brighton is available! Get your bags packed HMG we're booked on the 10.15!

Still no luck on the gaming websites and I had to dash off for my long awaited and much needed hot stone massage. What a disaster! I got lost, I was late, and when I arrived and suggested to the scariest looking masseuse in the brightest tightest red dress, that perhaps putting the name of the building (which is visible from the road) instead of the number of the building (which isn't) on the voucher, I found myself being chastised in a manner that made me think of Anne Robinson. Apparently I was the weakest link in this exchange, being told that other people manage to keep time, and that if I had used a Sat Nav I wouldn't have had to abandon my car on the main road to find the place on foot. Plot well and truly lost by now, I told her where to shove her massage, flounced out, came home and booked myself in at a local salon that I should have just gone to in the first place!

It was heavenly and made all the nicer by the fact that when I returned home afterwards Al had made the tea and lit the fire. I'm a lucky woman, and in my post massage state of wellbeing and with the anxieties of the day (and past few weeks) washed away I may have pointed this out to him, repeatedly, like a bit of a soppy drunk!

In the end it took me eight hours to be able to purchase something from a particular gaming website, but I got there in the end.  Shame that I spent all the money I saved on a massage that didn't happen and another one that did! Oh well you live and learn, and just to be clear never ever ever again!

However this morning's shopping trip wasn't a complete waste of time, there is now Granola Squares and Chocolate Chunk Shortbread in the cupboard - it's like being at yours sisterofMG750!

M - 529
Brighton Half - 86
Glasgow Half - 310
Total Distance covered      388.5 miles

* should hopefully take you to Bill Bailey video clip!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggOa9aSG-Ow


No comments:

Post a Comment