Saturday 12 July 2014

Rush

it's been a crazy day!


Had a good run this morning, a million miles away from where I was on Tuesday night - must be the go faster stripes, that or the fact that I had another barcode nightmare this morning!

Got to the park and couldn't find my barcode in Al's car, there wasn't time to go home before the race but there was a chance that if I got round quickly enough I could nip home afterwards (in the car I hasten to add) and get back before the finish! (made it in the nick of time).

Running felt easier than it has done in a long while and although it was exceptionally warm, I was pleased to get round in my fastest time since Edinburgh, and consequently glad that I had gone home to get my barcode  (which is now on my shoe to avoid any more mornings like this one, oh yeah and the previous time..!).

I am hopeful that today's run is a sign that my feet are finally on the mend, although standing on them for the majority of today hasn't done me any favours at all. But forty butterfly buns, eighteen brownies, twelve blueberry muffins, and eight iced fairy cakes later I'm ready for Sue's Garden Party!

A bit of a mammoth task, but the hardest bit of all was finding places to put them to cool which were out of Dougal's reach, thankfully I did better than on previous occasions when he's eaten the tops off the cakes as they cooled in the tin, and the only risk to them making it to Sue's tomorrow is from H who has is eye on at least one... which is fine as long as he pays for it!

It's been a long day and tomorrow is going to be even longer - I've to be at Sue's for quarter past nine and we won't be finished before five (be like working a full day and I can't remember the last time I did that!). Then when I get home I've to help H pack for France (haven't even looked at the packing list) and then take him to school for 11pm

BUT no school run on Monday morning - I can't wait!

Would also be nice if at some point I got to see Al! It's our sixth (unofficial) wedding anniversary today (long story but we had two weddings three weeks apart) and other than when I ran past him this morning (yipeee) lunch, dinner and five minutes on the bench this afternoon we've hardly seen one another. But I have a feeling after beating him this morning he might be training with me again on Tuesday!

M - 668
HM - 225
Distance covered              3.1 miles
Total Distance covered  150.4 miles






No comments:

Post a Comment