Tuesday 29 July 2014

Day 100

But first an apology...

I have disappointed C.  Two nights ago he was a star and it was remiss of me not to mention it yesterday so bear with me whilst I make amends...

When we put Dougal out for his last wee before going to bed it became apparent that something was lurking in the potato patch and whatever it was spooked Dougal so that he jumped all four paws off the ground. It was a real 'things that go bump in the night' moment, as Cal and I gingerly headed out with our torches trying to spot what it was before running back indoors too scared of whatever monster was out there. The more we talked about it the bigger it became, and the less likely I was to ever step foot in the garden again, I sent Al a text to tell him of our plight and he phones to talk C through what to do as the man of the house, which involved finding out what it was and then something to do with a box (and then do what with it?!) So armed with a torch and a broom handle he bravely went out to poke around in the undergrowth to determine if it was a bird, or a badger, or some mythical beast. It was the aforementioned crow. At which point we dispense with the advice from the Birdman of Tunbridge Wells and decide that neither of us are prepared to even attempt touching it - it might flutter, it might peck, and it can stay there til the morning where the rest as they say is history.

Poor C, all that bravery and apparently all he wanted was for it to be 'blogworthy', oh how our lives have changed in the past one hundred days!

One hundred days... I can't quite believe it! Some days have been easier to write than others and some have been read by more than others, although I'VE STOPPED WORRYING ABOUT IT! (I know, I know, only because I've replaced it with other things!) but I'm having fun and enjoying writing my blog especially when it initiates a response! It's making me smile to watch the audience stats reflect summer holiday locations and there's a new feet photo in from Mexico (thank you parkrun fast finisher).

I've run a PB at Edinburgh, a PB at parkrun and made small steps towards moving away from thinking about speed when it comes to distance! I'm looking forward putting what I've found out at both the Bio and Tri Mechanics men into practice and starting training proper in a month or so, and I love that this evening Al, Dougal, C and I all headed out for a run together (C was less impressed but GB boys need to cross train!).

I've sold over a hundred cards, raised close on a thousand pounds and am selling stuff I've made on the internet - and thank you Etsy Favouriter for telling C that I should celebrate EVERY sale whether I know the purchaser or not, be prepared for the 'I've sold on Etsy dance' on your return!

Forget peddling my old clothes, I'm on an up!

M - 651
HM - 207
Distance covered              3.1 miles  
Total Distance covered  162.8 miles






No comments:

Post a Comment