Sunday 13 July 2014

All the fives...

I am a little overwhelmed!


Had such a lovely time at Sue's Open Garden today. The garden looked fantastic, the weather was exceptionally kind to us (after heavy rain last night), the plant stall, cake stall, tombola, loom bands (I think they're called?!) and cards all sold well, loads of lovely people took the time to come, and we made a quite unbelievable

FIVE HUNDRED AND FIFTY FIVE POUNDS!!

Which in turn means there is a whopping eight hundred and seventy five pounds in the bank! THANK YOU!

Sat on the door taking the money as people arrived, I don't feel I really worked as hard as everyone else who was helping - so a big thank you to all of them too!

I still can't quite get my head around how well we've done...

So I think instead of the day off that I was hoping for tomorrow, once I've got H on the coach tonight (although we are at least now packed!) I had better get on with some serious training!

My legs aren't happy after yesterday's run and busy afternoon, and I think this means some more time spent with the foam roller trying to sort my calf muscles out. There was a link posted recently on Facebook about how to do this properly - which involved pushing up on your hands and resting one leg on the roller whilst putting the other leg on top of that to use your body weight to push down onto the roller - I had enough trouble trying to assume the starting position let alone actually getting the roller to move!

A more concerted effort with all my exercises is definitely required and today has definitely been great for motivation, but I'm tired and really just wish I could curl up for a couple of days and get some sleep... thankfully I've been given those breathing exercises  and some strange diaphragm release thing to do - seems like a perfect place to start operation get fit!


M - 667
HM - 224
Total Distance covered  150.4 miles

4 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Congratulations, that's great news. £550!!! Thank you so much to, Gardengirl for organising it. I for one, had a lovely afternoon sat in the sun chatting & then cooling off in the conservatory whilst doing yet more chatting. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you had a good time - always good to see you without having to run 5K!!

      Delete
  2. P.S. Could you post the foam roller link, please, as I'm never particularly sure what I should be doing with it!! Thank you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashamed to say I only glanced at them and can't find the link now - will try and track it down tomorrow! x

      Delete