Friday 4 July 2014

Gone With the Wind

(my film references are getting worse by the day here!)


Been a bit of an odd day today, nothing wrong just never seemed to really get started, and now it's almost over!

I slept through the alarm and really couldn't face my exercises when I got up, I told myself I'd do them later in the morning but I think I could already sense that I wouldn't.

Our friends got married today in Edinburgh, so for a lot of the time my thoughts were with them and I couldn't help but feel a little sad that I'm so far away. I don't know where my head is when it's not with them, but it isn't here, and I feel strangely detached for most of the day. I've done what needed to be done, but can't tell you what happened in between. I have a feeling I've spent a lot of the day staring off into the middle distance....

Oh well, nothing I can do about it now, thankfully to quote Scarlet O'Hara "tomorrow is another day " and there's not going to be enough spare time to lose track of it!

Struggling to get excited about the Tour de France departing from Yorkshire tomorrow, Al and I have volunteered at parkrun so that those who are more than excited about it (that's you fellow parkrunner) can go and be part of it all! I sincerely hope the recent parkrun problems with the timers and scanners have been fixed and it's plain sailing on the volunteer front (I'll know if I've been blamed for the scanning problem if I'm put on marshaling at the farthest corner!).

What I AM excited about is seeing sisterofmarthongirl750 (and family) tomorrow afternoon! The mint is ready to harvest, I've bought the rum and limes, now all we need is a bit of sunshine so we can enjoy our mojitos in the garden.

What I haven't yet factored in is when I'm going to run if I'm not doing it at parkrun... hmm it may have to be a Sunday morning one instead.

Al has had ipod trouble this evening, the cynical part of me thinks he may have done this on purpose to put me off wanting an iphone after hearing my plans for being brought refreshments mid run, but having seen how frustrated he was I think it's genuine... which makes me wonder if I shouldn't just stick with my old (non smart) phone that I can just about work! But like I said I've got a while to ponder this...

C has returned and gone out again (such is the social life of a soon to be sixteen year old!). I am currently waiting to hear if I am required to go pick him up later - such is the life of a mother a little too pleased to have her son home!

M - 676
Total distance covered 140 miles

2 comments:

  1. Thank you :-) I promise to make the most of my weekend! Have a great time with your family. See you next week. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you will have a great weekend! Look forward to hearing all about it! X

      Delete