Saturday 7 June 2014

Lesley Judd

Eat your heart out! *



Special days at parkrun, where an unknown list of contributing factors have come into alignment resulting in a good run and feelings of being on top of the world have previously been reported on (thankfully) more than one occasion, so perhaps it was only a matter of time before it would all go awry!

More often than not we are blessed with dry weather at parkrun, not so this morning - the rain came just before nine, and heavy as it was we were not to be deterred! It did however change my plans to run slowly, I wasn't hanging around in this weather... or so I thought!

I felt OK and the pain in my legs I felt yesterday had eased, but when it came to get going there was just no running in me - I felt like I was running through treacle and had to watch Al shoot off with no chance of catching him. I did hope at one point that I would be able to accompany my friend walking up one of the hills but she was having none of it and sent me on my way (I'm grateful really JM!)  I appreciate that this is all relative and I still ran in under twenty six minutes, but two minutes slower than my PB over a relatively short distance feels like a lot!

However I think mine is a better position to be in than Al's, who worked hard and flew round only to be one second outside his PB (just galling!).

Two card sales in the café post run (and very excitingly a commission for another) and I have reached the total that I was waiting for before announcing the good news! Thanks to those who have bought cards, and to sisterofmarathongirl750 who very kindly donated my share of money owed to her for the room in Edinburgh, I can now have first my Blue Peter Totaliser moment!



£150 in the bank. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
We've a long way to go, but we're getting closer every day! I say "we" most deliberately because this is beginning to feel like a team effort! And I'm grateful to each and every one of you xxx

M - 703
Distance covered               3.1 miles
Total Distance Covered  130.6 miles

*To those reading in foreign parts this week... (Russia, Ukraine, Germany and  USA) or those not around in the 1970's (!) Lesley Judd was a presenter on Blue Peter which is a children's television programme that amongst a lot of other things raises money for charity. The presenters also take on momentous challenges... but I think I'm a little to old to receive a Blue Peter Badge for mine!!


No comments:

Post a Comment