Tuesday 28 July 2015

Day 464

1.  Still not feeling very well, I really didn't want to go to the Etsy Team meeting today.

2.  But... a reminder from Al about how many people only turn up to parkrun once and miss finding out what a great thing it is, and off I went.

3.  Nice to see everyone but I can't help but sit wondering what on earth I'm doing there!  I haven't really got a presence on Etsy to talk about knowledgeably (as opposed to wittering on about it on here!) I don't have accounts on Pinterest, facebook, instagram and twitter to link across, I wouldn't know how to do that even if I did, I feel foolish for thinking I can tap into the world of on line selling and slightly alarmed that I would want to!

4.  But mainly I just feel middle aged and a little bit like my ship has sailed.

5.  Consequently I have come home, done as much of the work that I can on the Search Engine Optimisation module that relates to my partner's business, emailed it to her and told her not to bother commenting any further on mine!  I may still feel like I'm drowning in catarrh but I no longer feel like I'm drowning in Etsy! Not giving up, just stepping off the hamster wheel for a while.  (But... if for some reason the panel who are deciding on who should be the lucky recipients of stall space at the Etsy Made Local Market that I've applied for are reading this - I would dearly love a spot! I have bags to sell and vulnerable children relying on me to make my fundraising target! I feel shocking today, but I promise I'll step up to the mark and I've had 12,730 page views as I reaffirm this commitment on a daily basis!)

London - 274
Glasgow - 68
Total Distance covered 763 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment