Saturday 11 July 2015

Day 447 - Parkrun 82

1. Judgement call over whether or not to run to parkrun this morning, especially as FMG wasn't joining me, but in the end decided just to get out there and get on with it.  Four miles, run two minutes, walk 30 secs.  Went OK and was glad that I'd done it by the time we reached the park.  But it was hot and humid and not pleasant running weather.

2.  Parkrun itself was horrid. Disjointed run, no air to catch your breath, technical issues with music, Garmin and shoes, was really please when it was over..... until

3.  I was approached at the finish line by this man who started telling me that my problem was all in my head and I didn't need to walk, when I told him I was following a run-walk-run program he told me that that (or perhaps I) was brainless and that it made no sense to run fast and then stop to walk...

4.  After my initial hostility had worn off, I decided to thank him for his input - whilst at the same time feeling the need to point out that perhaps coming to run 5K on a Saturday morning and then sitting down for a cigar afterwards wasn't exactly the best thought out plan either! But perhaps I do need to concede that with regard to my running he does have a point, and looking at Jeff's table on run to walk ratio's, my running sections should be longer if I'm running faster.  So... a new ratio to try out next Saturday, after I've remembered how to reprogram my interval app!

5.  So still on the learning curve and still not altogether sure whether I'm on the right track, but time to adapt and change and make my approach my own and one that works for me... leading us nicely to

Parkrun 82 - 1982


M - 289
Glasgow - 85
Distance covered               7.6 miles
Total Distance covered   731.1 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment