Saturday 4 July 2015

Day 440 - Parkrun 81

1.  In the end I decided to go for it - or rather go to parkrun and not go for it!

2.  Determined to start as I mean to go on, I was all set to trial my new run-walk-run regime.  What I hadn't factored on was quite how many things I then had to press at the one time when they said 'go' - music, interval timer and Garmin!

3.  This saw everyone else disappearing off up the hill whilst I struggled to get my interval timer to start! On a normal parkrun morning this would have sent me into a blind panic and seen me running as fast as I could to catch everyone up - not so today! I am rather proud of myself for sticking to my plan and trying to learn how to run without it being about the time. I actually rather enjoyed it and (as spotted by Mrs M) finished smiling for a change!

4.  My choice of song from 1981 was so nearly Bucks Fizz with 'Making Your Mind Up' dedicated to all those who wished I would decide if I was running or walking this morning as I over took them, then they overtook me, then I over took them....  But for my new found run ethos I've decided to go with this (yet another one you'll switch off Mr L)....

parkrun 81 - 1981

5.  Clearly awash with post run euphoria in the cafe afterwards I was sitting with two very experienced marathon runners and found myself showing interest in taking part in a fifteen mile run a few weeks after the marathon and making a mental note of which half marathons provided the best cake afterwards! It appears the road may not end on The Mall... HMG you have been warned! (sisterofMG750 I know better than to even think about going there!).

M - 296
Glasgow - 92
Distance covered            3.1 miles
Total Distance covered   702.1 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment