Saturday 25 July 2015

Day 461 - Parkrun 84

1. I WAS RIGHT! I WAS RIGHT! I WAS RIGHT!  (Even if it meant he beat me!) Al ran his fastest parkrun in twenty two appearances this morning!

2.  I mucked up the timing for running five miles to get there, consequently had to run quicker than I'd planned to and arrived in the cafe for a quick drink of water before parkrun started with a face like a tomato and sweat pouring out of me leading the cafe lady to inquire after my health! (In my defence it was rather warm).

3.  Found myself running in a little group of men who very kindly all took it upon themselves to try and motivate me to keep going when I stopped to walk.  They were, I think, then a little surprised to find me leave them behind as I was (thanks to the walk breaks) able to maintain my running pace for longer!

4. Finished faster after running eight miles than I did last week after running three I AM AN ENDURANCE ATHLETE!

5. So... for the title only and not the sentiment of the song, for my unexpected strong finish despite appearing to be giving up, for the road I've still to travel and the battles I'll overcome along the way, and for the opportunity to show my most beloved Jeff (no not Galloway - yet!) at his finest....

Parkrun 84 - 1984

London - 275
Glasgow - 71
Distance covered   8.1 miles 
Total Distance covered 763 miles 

No comments:

Post a Comment