Friday 30 January 2015

Off-line

For four days?!!


Somewhere between Thursday night and Friday morning, our internet connection died. I have no doubt that both C and H could probably give me an exact time, both still being awake and in all probability using the internet but I was asleep and didn't discover this predicament until this morning. The fact that neither of them woke me up to tell me that their broadband dependable world had come to an abrupt end makes me assume that it was somewhere around midnight and that they knew the response they would have got would have been to go to sleep!

No internet in the wee small hours I can live without - not having an engineer come to fix it until MONDAY is a different consideration altogether! (sense would have told me to write my blog anyway and post it when I could - the fact that it is now Wednesday and I've only just started playing catch up tells you I didn't listen!). Thankfully I had more than enough to be getting on with on Friday not to miss it - until it came to sorting out directions for tomorrow (more on that later).

Unable to get to the gym because I was waiting for the boiler man (different part - that'll be £262 please) it was like living in a bakery! Three batches of fairy cakes cooked and stored out of Dougal's reach to cool, enough cake salvaged from yesterdays mishap that now needed decorating and a fresh batch of brownies to bake after C went off to a GB Training weekend with the ones I baked yesterday. All that was needed now was some hungry jugglers tomorrow when we got to Chocfest.

And there in lay the problem with no internet - no way of looking up where we were going and the sinking realisation that C had been allowed to rip the pages out of our road map for some art project several years ago and we've never got around to getting a new one! Thankfully HMG has a SatNav she can bring, and Al has discovered that he can get SatNav on his phone - oh how slowly we are entering the twenty first century!

Cake decorated, baking boxed up, face paints retrieved from where they were stashed (almost) out of sight on top of our wardrobe, arts and crafts box brought down from the same hiding  place, and we're good to go!  Bit apprehensive having not painted a face since my one day as a face painter in November but oh well.... here goes!

M - 466
Brighton Half - 23
Liverpool Half - 135
Glasgow Half - 247
Total Distance covered   460 miles








No comments:

Post a Comment