Monday 5 January 2015

Snakes and Ladders

Think I've just landed on a snake!


I have now been writing this for so long that I'm beginning to forget what I've said before, so apologies if I'm repeating myself, but then again given my propensity to waffle on about certain pet topics and/or personality traits you must be used to it by now!

A quick glance at Facebook this morning and sisterofMG750s green light was on... my message to her of 'get on with your work' was responded to with 'get on with your to-do list!' - no procrastinating for either of us on FB today! Worked a treat, I have been very industrious but wading through the finances has been hard work, and I have not made as much progress through them as I would have liked to!

Given that I am amongst the most disorganised people as far as Christmas is concerned, December disappears into a blur of both general panic and panic buying! Added to which there is a two week holiday at the end during which I have no inclination to shift through the piles of receipts trying to get the books (or in this case my badly written spread sheet) to balance. So by the time this morning arrived it was a good five weeks since I'd last tried!

That was the bit I was unsure as to whether or not I'd 'talked' about before - the fact that I spend most of January trying to pick up where I left off with things in November.  What I am in no doubt over mentioning previously, is the benefits of doing my finances often, and keeping on top of it as I go along so as to avoid days like today where there is a huge mess to sort out, and the obvious analogy between this and my attitude towards exercises!

Biomechanics appointment tomorrow - it's been a long time coming and there have been too many miles run on dodgy legs in the meantime! Taking a (slightly) educated guess I think what has happened is that without doing the necessary repetitions of my exercises to get my muscles to hold in the correct position they have reverted back to the way they were when I first sought help, and we're back to square one! All that time spent making progress, with the odd (I've been doing my exercises) ladder along the way to 'fast track' me up a level and I've come slithering down the beginning again!

Nothing for it but to pick myself up, dust myself down, pick up the dice (I know it should be die) and carry on - lets hope it's not as bad as it could be, and that perhaps I'm not all the way back to where I started, or that if I am, I am lucky enough to roll six!

M - 491
Brighton Half - 48
Liverpool Half - 160
Glasgow Half - 272
Total Distance covered   453.4 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment