Sunday 4 January 2015

Diary Day

OK 2015 I'm ready for you now!


In contrast to yesterday, today has been a good day! My legs don't hurt as much as I thought they might and I've started planning the year ahead albeit on a level that requires the least amount of effort!

Back in 2009 I ran the Jane Tomlinson York 10K for the first time, couldn't walk at the end of it, and didn't run until I started training for the same race a year later after which the same thing happened -only this time when I put my shoes on the shoe rack they stayed there untouched for eighteen months. Finishing parkrun yesterday in much the same state, I did have concerns over how I would be feeling when I woke up this morning, but I'm pleased to report that although stiff my legs aren't as bad as I thought they were going to be and I am determined to get back on the road as soon as the 'doctor' (or rather biomechanics man) will let me.  I am however preparing myself for an enforced rest period, to the extent that I may be a little disappointed if he doesn't prescribe one!

My optimism has not just been reserved for my running! Today has been Diary Day! The day where I get this years diary out and write in all the birthdays, holidays, dentist appointments and, new for this year, HALF MARATHONS! It is one of my favourite jobs. I love the clean pages, and the feeling of order as I write everything in neatly, knowing that once tomorrow comes and the new year starts for good (when the boys go back to school and work) the chaos will return, my plans may go awry and things may have to be scribbled out - heaven forbid! But for now it sits there like an oasis of calm on my desk!

Would be remiss of me not to congratulate sisterofMG750 who made the ten mile milestone today - whoo hooo! Apparently a woman in the running shop is to 'blame' after telling her that if she can run ten miles she can run thirteen.... in which case what are you going to do with the next seven weeks sis?!  Al doesn't know it yet but ten miles is the next goal that I'm surreptitiously adding to his running list, having ticked 10K off it earlier this week! (You had to know it isn't just my life that I like to organise!)

M - 492
Brighton Half - 49
Liverpool Half - 161
Glasgow Half - 273
Total Distance covered   453.4 miles








No comments:

Post a Comment