Monday 19 January 2015

Determination

Doing whatever it takes!


Taking the boys to school this morning, sat on a slight incline waiting to turn right, my turn came and the car wouldn't go anywhere - we were sat on top of some ice and the wheels were just turning on the spot.  If ever there was a scenario to mirror what I was saying yesterday about my running this was it!  I had to sit there whilst the seven or so cars behind overtook me, roll back off the ice, and then make my way back up the road taking a slightly different route!

I hate this icy weather and I caught myself thinking about joining a gym in November so as to avoid having to run on icy roads next winter.  I then asked myself the question - why am I waiting until November? How much better off would I be IN November if I did something about joining now?!

Problem, I don't do the gym. Problem, I'm not going to be able to progress at the speed I want, to the distance I want to run without it.  I can continue the way that I have been and like today, I can visit the Biomechanics Man and have my pelvis and hips 're-set' but I am never going to move past this point without starting to do some strength work.  In the nine months since I started I've already been here on more than one occasion and what I don't want to do is find myself back here in another nine months time having visited several more times along the way! Time I stopped playing at this, and got serious!

I am a little daunted at the prospect, and not yet sure how it is going to fit into my daily routine, but am looking forward to having a proper plan in place with specific non distance or time related goals to achieve! The best bit about it however is that it is the Biomechanics Man who will be writing my program and taking me through my paces next week, so it will be targeted just where I need it - I can feel the pain in my backside already!

M - 477
Brighton Half - 34
Liverpool Half - 146
Glasgow Half - 258
Total Distance covered   456.9 miles


No comments:

Post a Comment