Friday 16 January 2015

Can't win!

Even in my sleep my mind is plotting against me!


I was really proud of myself yesterday for getting my head into a good place over Brighton, and the fact that it isn't about my time, or how well I run.  I am going to spend the weekend with my sister and my friend, we are going to have a good time and somewhere in and amongst that we will cover a distance of 13.1 miles, having probably walked just as far around the shops the day before!

Unfortunately my subconscious has yet to catch up with this new found mind set and relaxed approach, and I awoke this morning from my first Brighton Half themed anxiety dream! It was an odd one! Centred around getting ready at the start and me being particularly disorganised, instead of taking bags to store my things in I had taken cardboard boxes, and for some reason I decided the best footwear to run in was wellies!

Four miles around the woods with the dogs today in the mud, and my knee is much the same as yesterday, I have also developed a pain in my right heel which I'm hoping the Biomechanics Man will be able to fix on Monday!

Struggling to stay awake long enough to write this, but really not wanting to start tomorrow playing catch up from today, I think I need to get to my bed and stay there for as long as possible, which means - no parkrun for me tomorrow, but looking at the weather forecast I'm not sure it is going to be on as heavy snow is forecast for tomorrow morning.

Part of me is pleased that there is a chance that I won't actually be missing anything, the other part of me a bit miffed that having laid my cards on the table and made the difficult decision to stay at home, Al, C and H might find their plans cancelled and we'll ALL be at home, which is fine just as long as no one wakes me!

M - 480
Brighton Half - 37
Liverpool Half - 149
Glasgow Half - 261
Total Distance covered   456.9 miles

PS Lovely to see you today Etsy Favouriter, sorry for forgetting that you read my blog and telling you a whole pile of stuff you already knew but were too polite to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment