Wednesday 21 January 2015

Rewards

Helping those who help themselves


It could be coincidence but I can't help but feel that I am being rewarded for finally working out that I need help to make some changes, doing something about it (by deciding to join the gym) and trying to be a little more organised.

Having ignored the email to provide gas and electricity meter readings for a couple of weeks, I didn't then ignore the reminder that arrived in my inbox yesterday, consequently I have discovered that we are marginally in credit (which might mean I can put the heating on during the day slightly more than I do) and that my direct debit is being reduced just when I am going to have to find the money for gym membership - thank you!

I have also heard from the organisers of Chocfest the juggling convention in York next Saturday confirming that they will be happy to have me attend in my face painting capacity and I can bring some baking to sell! I say organisers but actually it was just one, a young lad possibly in his early twenties who I inadvertently sent a 'wink' to instead of a smiley face and now can't quite shake the notion of him receiving it thinking -  aaaarrrggghhh she's old enough to be my mother! He may be regretting saying it was OK for me to go!

I'm not sure what the universe has planned for me as a well done for cracking on with the filing this morning, perhaps the feeling of achievement is all the reward I need, or perhaps you don't get rewarded when it's just the lesser of two evils and given that the other option was cleaning the bathroom, I sat down this morning and sorted the file that I'd got stuck on yesterday.
Filed, actioned or binned I worked through the fragments of unfulfilled dreams until they were all neatly organised for future ventures!  Interestingly I came across my first running schedule which saw me go from zero to ten kilometres - bin! - however on recent performance perhaps I should have kept it!

M - 475
Brighton Half - 32
Liverpool Half - 144
Glasgow Half - 256
Total Distance covered   456.9 miles








No comments:

Post a Comment