Thursday 28 April 2016

Day 739

1.  Oh dear! Took myself off to the doctors this morning concerned that the toes on my left foot are numb, the blisters on my right foot are sore and that I've been feeling nauseous since Sunday...

2.  I received such a withering look of 'what do you expect you've just run a marathon' that I didn't dare tell her that I'd set off on a sore foot, nor that I didn't like ginger when she suggested ginger biscuits and ginger beer as a remedy to my life threatening stomach 'bug'!

3.  Clearly time to change my mindset! These are the war wounds of a marathon runner... and I shall limp and belch with pride knowing the sacrifice it took to win them! 

4.  Or perhaps it was the company of a good friend, my favourite dog that isn't Dougal and the fact that my legs are almost back to normal that cheered me up! Loving hearing stories from people who tracked the marathon - glad to hear you're tempted Mr J, I tried my best to convince Mrs J to go for it but she's read too much of my blog to be won over easily! 

5. Sorry! Let me just back track a minute.... Ginger beer?! Figure if going to end up feeling a bit sick I might as well get there in style! Not every day Mr L comes home to find there's champagne on ice - but then it's not everyday you turn 46 having just run a marathon!

M + 4

No comments:

Post a Comment