Tuesday 26 April 2016

Day 737

1.  Only one thing I wanted to do today - REST!

2.  Instead I got up, took the boys to school, went to the supermarket, put some washing on, walked the dog (ouch ouch ouch!), visited my parents, put some more washing on and then finally about 2pm got to curl up on the sofa with the dog! H is right, he makes a very good pillow! Two hours later I woke up when the boys got home, then it was time to make tea before driving across Leeds to take H to a swimming gala...

3.  SITTING AT THE SIDE OF A SWIMMING POOL FOR TWO AND A HALF HOURS IS NOT FUN WITH ALREADY SWOLLEN FEET THAT THEN DECIDE TO SWELL SOME MORE!

4.  Home at half ten, all I was able to do was crawl into bed. If I felt cheated out of yesterday's food fest, the fact that it is now two days since I ran a marathon and I STILL haven't managed to go an luxuriate in a hot bath is adding insult to injury! I knew things would have to get back to normal post marathon but I had hoped for a slightly gentler return than this!

5.  Oddest thing this morning, I almost found myself thinking that I could do it all again - what's that all about?! (And I do hope the email I got from Barnardo's this evening congratulating me for taking part in the 2017 London Marathon wasn't a premonition!) Thankfully the feeling was very fleeting and post dog walk I am resolutely NOT doing another -  meanwhile Al is still in the tempted camp, and H - on hearing that his Auntie stopped to drink beer en route - has enlisted her as his running buddy for London 2018!  Just tell me which miles you want me at with my cool box!

M +2


No comments:

Post a Comment