Friday 15 April 2016

Day 726

1.  Oh ye of little faith! Not only is my suitcase out of the cupboard but it has stuff in it!

2.  Namely my delightful lime green vest complete with freshly ironed on name - no missing me now!

3.  But to be on the safe side I have spent a large part of today pouring over the route map and google maps and by the time Mr L got in from work I was able to show him the exact spot I expect to see him standing on! I have even gone as far as to contact the cafe next to said spot to find out if they're open, which they are, and am contemplating putting my order in - coffee and danish around the seven mile mark sis?!

4.  Got my first peak at the expected weather today! But in good old BBC weather app style they have already changed their minds! It's gone from light cloud and ten degrees to sunshine and showers and twelve degrees.  Nothing I can do about it, but check hourly!!!

5.  Sticking with all things marathon this evening we watched a TV documentary on Dame Kelly Holmes' training to run this year's London marathon... I think it's fair to say we have three things in common - we have both never run a marathon before, we will both be running in London and we are both female, and I that's it.  There will therefore be a multitude of reasons why our performance at said marathon differs so greatly, she's an double Olympian - I'm not, she's fit - I'm not, she's dedicated in a way I can only dream of.... but I would however like you to focus on only one... she's had an EPIDURAL to cope with the pain of training and I've got a bottle of Biofreeze!!!

London - 9
Total Distance covered     1185.2 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment