Sunday 10 April 2016

Day 721 - TWO

1.  Very exciting and somewhat anxious morning live tracking my two training buddies at the Manchester marathon.

2.  News of their times at the 10K mark came in as expected and both making good time... then whilst updates continued for one flying through the half marathon and 30K mark, news of the other fell silent.

3.  Listening to my new run CD's and willing her on, my concern started to mount as time passed. Unable to wait any longer I found myself texting LR for an on the spot update, at the same time as I heard Sting singing "I'm sending out an SOS...." I'm not sure which came first!  Thankfully LR en route to the 17 mile mark had had the ingenuity to try to track the number of someone who had just run past and concluded that the tracking system was down as apparently they hadn't reached the half way point either! Hope was restored! Not that we'd ever given up on you EBE!

4. And nor should we.... they both finished in fabulous form! Actually I've no idea what sort of form they finished in, but from their times I'm concluding that it was a breeze and am refraining from getting in touch to hear anything to the contrary!

5.  Two weeks to go! I'm starting to get a wee bit excited about it now!! If my foot will just plateau at a level of pain I can cope with and lets face it I have had two children on nothing but Entonox - she says as a mark of her ability to withstand pain sixteen years ago! But let today be a lesson to you FMG and Mr L, if I go off grid I may still be running... albeit undercover - oooooh liking that thought... add the James Bond theme tune to my running list!

London - 14
Total Distance covered     1185.2 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment