Monday 25 April 2016

Day 736

1.  Went to bed last night saying that I didn't think I'd make it to the spa this morning, however I slept so badly and my legs were so sore that I was almost in there when it opened at 6.30!  I have no idea if sitting in the steam room and going for a very short swim helped, but it was a pleasant way to spend the morning.

2.  As was going for breakfast! I was ABSOLUTELY STARVING and devoured an enormous cooked breakfast, unfortunately this revisited me shortly after arriving home, after which I retired to bed, slept until 9pm, got up had a couple of pieces of toast and went back to bed again.  I can't help but feel a little cheated on the whole - day after marathon day you can eat as much as you want - food fest!

3.  Whilst unable to sleep this morning I had a look at my splits on my Garmin, and was so chuffed with a sub 9 minute mile around the 24 mile mark, picturing myself pushing on desperate to get to the Barnardo's cheer station and all three of my boys, a mark of how much I love them and how strong I was even at the last....
Talking to some gentlemen on the train home I discovered that my Garmin will have paused when I went through the tunnel at Embankment!! In fairness this make much more sense as I don't actually remember that spurt of energy or increase in form (but the love was there!!).

4.  In fact there's lots I don't remember and it all feels a bit surreal.  I can't really believe that it's over, nor that it actually happened! (if that isn't the same thing!) but... something BIG must have taken place, because despite sitting with me at my most broken, Mr L is tempted to give it a go!!!

5.  And despite how poorly I'm feeling now, I had a fab weekend.  Sad parting company with my sis and FMG earlier today - so glad that you were part of it with me.

M + 1

No comments:

Post a Comment