Wednesday 6 April 2016

Day 717

1.  Uh-oh! My flippancy at Divine intervention has been met by the metaphorical lightning strike! Following my somewhat over enthusiastic cycling yesterday I have chaffed in places I would rather not have chaffed in!

2.  But it would appear that this is not punishment enough and in addition my fake tan has developed overnight and on waking this morning it became apparent from the glow in the bedroom that I have been Tango'd!

3.   Let me put this into context.  When purchasing foundation make-up that is a good match to my natural skin tone I get the choice of shade with a name like 'Alabaster' otherwise known as 'white stone'.

4.  Why then I thought my appearance at an event, at which I am going to finish looking like a tomato anyway, would be enhanced by applying fake tan all over my face is anyone's guess...

5.  Actually it might not have been so bad if it had have been 'all over' but I have streak marks round my hairline and the inverse of panda eyes, whilst my white hairs which normally sit relatively quietly against my beautifully pale skin are now beaconing out against their orange backdrop!  When is it going to dawn on me that there is NOTHING about this marathon that's going to be pretty?!

London - 18
Total Distance covered     1185.2 miles






No comments:

Post a Comment