Saturday 2 April 2016

Day 713

1.  I've done it!! I have joined the parkrun 25 volunteers club!

2.  Somewhat proud of this achievement especially as it coincided with Dewsbury parkrun's 200th event.

3.  Which, if nothing else makes the maths easy... I've volunteered at an eighth! But as they had run 50 before I'd even heard of parkrun that makes it a sixth! And in terms of the 125 Saturday's that I've spent in Crow Nest Park a fifth!

4.  Which is impressive commitment, even if I do say so myself... and simultaneously an awful lot of time on the injury bench!!

5.  Watching the runners from beneath my umbrella this morning it's getting increasingly hard to imagine ever running up that hill again - but Mr L, after taking a break from juggling to run at Perth parkrun this morning, has now run more parkrun's than me and I'm not sure how I feel about playing catchup! Actually I think we all know that however much I'm proud of him and the fact that he's turned himself into a runner, I don't like it at all! Especially as he did it in 23 minutes 19!!

London - 22
Total Distance covered     1185.2 miles

2 comments:

  1. Well done! A great milestone achieved. We all totally appreciate your dedication to our cause. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And as a fellow member of the 25 Volunteer Club I thank you for yours xxx

      Delete