Sunday 22 November 2015

Day 581

1.  A little word of warning to anyone reading who thinks they won't be tempted to up their distance (you'll notice I'm mentioning no names fellow parkrunner!) the response to my very first FB post about running the marathon went like this...

me: I may live to regret this.... (posts first blog)
sis:  Seriously?????
me: Yep! Figure it's now or never
sis:  Then I think that the response to your post is.... yes you probably will!! And as much as I love you the next response is.... no I am not going to join you!!!
Ladies and gentlemen may I introduce you to Team Barnardo's latest recruit for London 2016 - sisterofMG750!!!!

2.  Thank you sis! I know you're doing this for me and I love you for it, but I hope somewhere along the twenty six miles and all the training to get there you do at least some of it for you.

3.  I have a sneaking suspicion however that despite how much you love me, I might not always be your favourite person over the next 154 days! (I should also warn you that it might be 153 - I think I've got the number of days wrong, which isn't such a problem now but I'll try my best to correct before it is!)

4.  That said you'll note I've not added in any days on which you might curse me after the 24th April! 

5.  I'm not going to try and tell you that you'll get into your training, or that you'll love it in London - but I know you well enough to know that we have the same bloody minded streak and if that's all there is then that will be enough!  Besides which I'm excited enough for both of us!!!  (and FMG has more than a little to spare too! xx)

London -154
Total Distance covered     981.1 miles
Gym Attendance = 10 

No comments:

Post a Comment