Friday 10 October 2014

Will I eat breakfast...

before the Glasgow half?!!



Busy morning helping a friend with a job application (always amuses me slightly when people ask me for help with this, when I have to be on everyone's list of  people you know who've never really worked for a living, let alone got their career off the ground!).  But it kept me focused on something else for a change and stopped my mind from wandering back, or rather forward, to Glasgow! Walking the dogs later in the day I caught myself ruminating about the half marathon, today's issue being would I be able to eat or drink anything before I run... I don't usually but the half doesn't set off until eleven o'clock so it will be pushing it a bit!

Starting to get a little bit panicky about next Saturday's afternoon tea.  I am trying so hard to be more laid back about it this time, but I have a feeling that could all change during the week! I need to spend the weekend working out exactly what we're eating and making a shopping list, and then working out a schedule of when I'm baking what.  I did have the foresight to keep my notes from last time which I was rather pleased with myself for, until I looked at them today and discovered they were sketchy to say the least! But at least I get to write out another planning sheet tomorrow which always ranks highly on my ways to waste time!

I have also just had a look at our running schedule for next week... five miles on Tuesday, four on Thursday and seven on Sunday! Yikes! Still could be worse - I could have been chosen as the Face of Oxford Half and I'd be running thirteen this Sunday! I am SO glad that they didn't want me! But I think I'd better enjoy my three miles tomorrow and six on Sunday as the last of the 'easy' rides!

Etsy favouriter came for tea this evening. Lovely to see her and have some female company back in the house, not quite so lovely to have to report that I've had one view on Etsy this week! Actually I've sold myself short, I've just checked and it's two.  One shop view having searched on the word 'marathon', one search for a 'peg bag'. I'm not sure that either of them were looking for me! Which in a way is a good thing, means at least my 'peg bag' tag is working but it still didn't result in a sale. One day!

In the meantime I need to remember that the reason's EF is here is to mark the one thousand pound milestone and the celebratory cake has indeed been baked. Time I think to get the kettle on and enjoy a slice. Lovely as this evening has been however, I can't help but wish it was this time last week and we were heading north. Only another 51 weeks to go... best add it to the countdown clock!

M - 577
Brighton Half - 135
Glasgow Half - 359!!
Total Distance covered  270.3 miles






No comments:

Post a Comment