Thursday 2 October 2014

Simple Minds

Perhaps come Sunday we will Sparkle in the Rain!


Taking a leaf out of Tuesday's book, I ran this morning before I had chance to change my mind.  At a distance of two miles it was, as I remarked to sisterofMG750 barely worth putting my running kit on for, but hastened to add that I wasn't planning on running kit off! Heaven forbid... but it has jolted my memory back to Edinburgh and that awful moment when I realised that the most fundamental part of my running kit hadn't been packed and am pleased to report IT IS ALREADY IN MY BAG! There will be no under wired injuries this weekend!

Despite the glorious weather I didn't enjoy the run much.  Sluggish, laboured and leaden I dragged myself round the shortened route, glad to be home and in the shower within the half hour.  Not sure what was up, but I did suggest to Halfmarthongirl (who had also had a bad run this morning) that perhaps the distance was just too short, and that we'd no sooner started to warm up when it was time to cool down! SisterofMG750 also dragged herself round today, and I'm hoping that Sunday is better for all of us, like a bad dress rehearsal foretelling a good opening night.

After posting my blog yesterday I went on the Great Scottish Run site to submit my message of support, and thanks to those who did likewise.  I am not sure if you wrote your own or used their 'Inspire Me' button which brought up a suggested message, one of which was about chaffing (quite literally a bit too close to the bone!).  But it has got me thinking about what to say on my message to Halfmarathongirl.

I think there is a bit of fun to be had here.... because there is also a half marathon being run on Sunday, one of two things (or possibly both) could happen! Firstly, if I reference you by your pseudonym you may well attract either some interest from the spectators and other runners as they look to see who it is that's done so well to get round the course so quickly (the half marathon sets off after us) and why you're not Jo Pavey! Secondly it might cause a moment of panic by the organisers of the Great Wall as to why your chip is picking up messages for a half marathon runner!


Puts me in mind of the time that Al and I ran the Jane Tomlinson 10K in York way back in 2010 and I was very tempted to swap our running chips over so that he'd get my time and I'd get his! What is it they say about simple things....

M - 586
HM - 143
Glasgow  - 3
Distance covered 2.6 miles
Total Distance covered  260.1 miles



No comments:

Post a Comment