Sunday 19 October 2014

Super Saturday

(hopefully to be followed by Sleepy Sunday!)



HMG arrived bright and early for our pre-parkrun run! Not sure either of us were completely convinced as to whether or not it would turn out to be a good idea, but the thought of a Sunday off (and not adding an additional three miles to our weekly total) was just too tempting...

It was a nice route, slow steady climb to begin with, followed by a long downhill stretch, before a nice flat section which very conveniently saw us reach the target four mile marker and allowed us to walk up the incredibly steep hill at the end - perfect! (if you ignore the fact that actually we had another three miles to run when we got to the park - we seemed to keep blocking that bit out!). It was lovely having your company on the run HMG - the time and distance passed almost without noticing it as we chatted away, such a different experience from Thursday!

Having run a really nice steady and fairly relaxed pace to get there I was hoping to continue in the same rhythm at parkrun, but no - couldn't help but charge off up the hill as soon as I heard the word "go"! Accompanied round the course by fellow parkrunner we were clearly running faster than on my way to the park, as there was no way I could have held a conversation - but I enjoyed our run, you definitely kept me going, and.... I am happy with our time despite it being my slowest one for months! Perhaps I've taken a small shift into the mindset of a longer distance runner - which in a strange way really would be progress!

Seven mile euphoric I breezed through the preparation for the afternoon tea party, and sat at the table surrounded by friends later I even had the audacity to think to  myself how well I'd done organising everything and how it had all just come together, when I remembered poor Al slaving away in the kitchen - writing this the following morning and I think my guests would still be here waiting for their cup of tea if it hadn't been for you!

The afternoon was a great success and I am very lucky to have such lovely friends and a wonderful husband supporting me.  C&H might not be feeling quite so blessed with their luck in having me as their mother after I insisted that they come down and say hello to a room full of a dozen ladies, but there is a price to pay for taking your lunch up to your bedroom's boys!

M - 569
Brighton Half - 127
Glasgow Half - 351
Distance covered              7.2 miles
Total Distance covered  296.1 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment